- While GoPhone is still limited to the AT&T network in the US, it's now available across a large part of the US after the Alltel acquisitions.
- Unlimited calling is now as low as $50 per month.
- PayGo rates are as low as .10 per minute.
- GoPhone roams in Mexico on the superior TelCel network at only .25 per minute.
- GoPhone now offers PayGo web access (for 'feature phones') at a reasonable price. What is reasonable? I can get weather reports and stock prices for as low as .01 each. Most web pages cost .10 each.
- GoPhone Refills can be found at significant discounts.
- Refills are still limited to 30 to 90 days. You need to spend $100 to get a year's refill unlike T-Mobile's $10 threshold.
- Downloads for certain PayGo features incur a charge, although that charge is usually just .01.
- On my newer Nokia, a call to 611 does not get you a person, it forces you around a downloaded service program that is unhelpful.
Ultimately our T-Mobile phones may become GoPhones (please let us keep our Gold Rewards!), but if AT&T can extend the expiration dates, we'll be immediate converts!